Friday, September 26, 2008

Arizona

So, I've been in AZ for 2 weeks and 4 days. I miss all my friends. I decided on a church to attend. It is my grandparent's church. It is free will baptist. I have been to their church every time I come out to visit, but wasn't sure that I wanted to attend it on a regular basis. So I tried a Nazarene church, but found that I'd rather go to a church where I already knew the people. The only draw back to my new church is that there is not very many people there my age. The church mainly consist's of elderly people. I like elderly people, don't get me wrong, but they can't go out and play v-ball with me or other things like that.

I love the interstate out here! Each side has six lanes and it is made with rubber asphalt. The rubber asphalt decreases the noise of the highway significantly, and makes it a very smooth ride. It sure beats the interstates in Cincy. With that said one thing I don't particularly like out here is that they have cameras at most of the intersections. The cameras are there in case you run a red light. They take a pic of your license plate and mail you a ticket. Ok well, I don't run red lights. But just knowing those cameras are there make me jumpy. The speed limit out here for most of the streets is 45mph. So when the light changes to yellow, usually you have to speed up or slam on the brakes not to run a red light. Out here if you speed up they also have cameras to see if you are speeding. But sometimes you have to speed up cuz otherwise you would be really slamming on the brakes. So I've sped up a couple of times, and while doing so chanted, "Don't see me, don't see me." I was of course talking to the cameras. I don't think they listen very well. I do joke that if I have been getting caught that the tickets are going to Cincy.

My dad is in a hospice center, now. He has been here for 2 weeks. Some days he looks good other days he looks really bad. He fell asleep smoking last night while smoking a cigarette and burnt the book I was loaning him to read! One of the nurses saw and poured water on it to put out the fire. Dad is safe, but my book is in poor condition. I don't mind, cuz I was expecting something like that to happen when he asked to borrow it. It only cost a dollar, otherwise I wouldn't have loaned it to him. Even though I love him dearly.

No comments: