Saturday, January 3, 2009

Traveling Home

I traveled back to KY recently. I went the southern route this time to miss any snow and ice that I might have encountered otherwise. I traveled through the middle part of TX. I used to think that TX was ugly (and the top part still is), but traveling across the middle part of the state I found that it isn't all ugly. I rather enjoyed it. I stayed my first night in a hotel in Big Springs, TX. I stopped at a hotel to ask the price. It was $90 for one night. That was a little to rich for my blood. So, the clerk told me about another hotel. Well, actually it was a motel. Anyhow I found it. It looked a little run down, and not the kind of place I would normally stay at by myself, but I did. So I pulled into the parking lot, got out to go to the window for a room and a guy whistled at me. Of course I didn't turn around...you don't want to encourage them. I paid my money, received my room key and got back in my car to get some food. On my return, when I was getting out of my car the guy whistled at me again. (Well, since I didn't look...I hope it was a guy and not a girl :-) ). Once again I didn't look. The room smelled of smoke and something else not pleasant. The floor was dirty. The bed was clean and that was really all I cared about. The door was kinda flimsy. So I shoved a chair nice and snug up under the door knob. I really didn't feel safe there. I felt safer sleeping in my car in the walmart parking lot when I was going to AZ. I kept the t.v. most of the night...then thought if anything was going to happen it was going to happen whether the t.v. was on or not. lol. Nothing happened. My second night I upgraded. That hotel was lovely. It was all clean...no characters hanging around...it was lovely. I spent my second night in Louisiana. It was new year's eve. My grandpa and mom told me to get a hotel at 6. So I missed a lot of traveling time, but it was ok. On my third day I made it home. I traveled about 2,090 miles. I took it easy on my car because she is aging. Oh I went to sleep at 10 on new year's eve. So I brought in the new year asleep. When I was a kid I remember being at my granny's for a couple of new year's and she slept through them and I couldn't understand why she didn't stay up. Now I can understand. Mississippi is a state that I would like to visit again. I have three job interviews and a possible fourth. I'm so excited about them. I will tell you that since I have traveled from OH to AZ and then from AZ to KY, by myself, that I feel like the world is open to me. I love to travel!

2 comments:

lauralavon said...

Glad you were safe! My heart started pounding as I read for fear of what might have happened! So, are you thinking about moving back to the midwest? If so, maybe we'll see you again sometime.
God bless and keep you in His care!

Aunt JoJo said...

Yes, I am moving back. I talked to coffeechica about coming and visiting sometime (probably in a few months). I'm excited to see friends that I haven't seen in awhile!