Monday, August 25, 2008

Coke and Chocolate

Hi Everyone. I decided that since I am moving that this is a great way to keep in touch with my friends/family. I haven't moved yet, but the process is imminent. So I'm sitting here eating a candy bar (Hershey's with Almonds) and drinking Coke (my two favorite things to consume) and reminiscing about my life here in Cincy. I was driving the other day and saw some sights that I probably won't see again. The view of Cincy when you are coming down the hill from 71 from KY, the crazy man who walks the streets around where I live, an old man who rides the bus when I do (I call him Grampa), then there is a middle aged lady who rides the same bus (I don't have a name for her), the old men that sit out on their porch on Dorchester and always wave and say hello to me when I pass (I call them my old men), all the steps I walk up and down to get back and forth to work via the bus (I won't miss them! Especially the ones with human feces on them! Yuck!), living on my peaceful half of the street, going to GBS and playing volleyball, seeing my friends, going to my church and seeing those loved ones, ahh the list could go on... but I'll stop for now.

4 comments:

Arthur and Jessica said...

Woo Hoo! I'm the very first person to leave a comment on your blog! Lucky me. I am a good friend. ;-) I'm glad to see you're blogging. It will be fun to keep up with your life this way. Hopefully you keep up with your blog better than I do. :-D I will do better when we get a new computer. Anyways, it's good to hear from you!
Jessica

coffeechica said...

Hey! Glad you are blogging!! I will really miss you when you leave. I will have to be one of those...'I will call' people :) love you girl!

Angie said...

I have had many of those same moments of reminicing. Lets not forget the many times we ran over curbs...driving ol' ms. grandma car. =) I'm not going to miss you... I already have and do miss you...
I say a spontanous group trip to AZ is in order... =) Or..mabye just the putter and I =)
miss ya!!!! Ange

The Maka Family said...

we miss you already!! Hope you are having a good time...wherever you are...love ya to pieces!!

oh..and you have a pile of mail in your mailbox...would you like me to give it to someone..or...let me know!

Rajiv sends his kisses :)